BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Budweiser & Bros In Da Hood

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,
 
Friday, my brother & my friend C-Rock drove in from Utah to see what was going on in the Bay… and basically this first afternoon, we wandered around the Presidio and showed off a few things… but the sun set about two hours after they arrived so we really didn’t do much before returning home… and playing my PS4. Remember? I got a PS4 for Christmas but… long story short, it didn’t make the trip back with me after certain things happened… but they brought it with them & helped me get it set up with my “home entertainment system” in the living room (it’s about 12 years old now, but works pretty damn well). The weird thing is… they made the trip out to the Bay… and they mostly wanted to play video games, which you know, if it’s what they want to do, that’s cool… but I was determined to show them at least a little bit of the area. They saw most of the touristy stuff when they visited a few years ago… and didn’t have a whole lot of scratch… but that didn’t stop us…
 
Saturday, for outdoor activities, we headed out to Fairfield to see the Budweiser Brewery Tour. Why? Sigh… I don’t really know… it seemed like something to do… and it was probably a bad idea. The drive was beautiful, which was half the reason… and their website said that there were complimentary tours every 15 minutes throughout the day. Well, it f**king lied… because it was $5 per person… and every hour. So f**k you, Big Beer! Anyway, since we were out there, we of course did the tour… because seriously, what the f**k else where we going to do? The tour was… well, we sat in a room for a half hour watching videos about how cool Budweiser is… and then they showed us the giant lagering tanks… and some of the beechwood that they use to age… and God help them, they actually even bragged about using rice as a key ingredient in their beer… so obviously this was a tour meant for people who didn’t know any better… but hey, the tour guide was pretty nice & the mere scale of this industrial behemoth is pretty f**king staggering. Here are some pictures…
 







Fairfield - We're "#1"?


Afterwards, we headed back to my place… and played video games…
 
Sunday, we went down to Pier 45 to see the submarine U.S.S. Pampanito, which is an old diesel class sub… and it’s pretty f**king awesome… and pretty small for my brother& I… here are pictures…
 







































U.S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien

"Whoa... what's this here?"


Then we also wandered around the Museum of Mechanics or something… which was basically a free museum next door that had old arcade games & fun house machines from the past 150 years… and it’s an absolute must see for anybody who likes free cool sh*t…
 










Monday, my brother & C-Rock left in the morning around the same time that I left for work… and they made great time across California, Nevada & Utah getting home in less than 12 hours… I’m sure they were going the speed limit the entire time. Anyway, I miss those guys… but I’m sure I’ll see them soon enough. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment