BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Outreach Chair of SFHG


Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,



Last night was the SF Homebrewers Guild meeting at Anchor Brewing and we had our annual elections. I threw my hat into the ring despite my relative inexperience… but honestly, they’re just looking for a bit of an organized body to help spearhead the guild and help with its exponential growth… and I’m more than happy to lend my expertise & make some great connections in the meantime. I originally applied for Vice President because it was one of the few positions that wasn’t already earmarked for somebody else… but basically, I got an email a few days later saying “So… this guy is also running for VP & he’s been with the guild from the beginning… and is a semi-pro brewer so… how about we just make a position for you instead?” Yeah, they basically just made a position for me (Communications Chair) because even though I’m new to the world of brewing in general, I have that marketing degree & a can do attitude. My duties are I think primarily handling a lot of the email & social media communications for the guild… working with all the other leadership members & all the breweries that we work with (and there are a LOT & more on the way honestly) and whatever else I can do in support. I may even be taking lead on a few upcoming events… but we shall see with the details later. I’ll keep you posted.



So yeah, Izzy, Jackie D & I went, we had our “elections” last night, everybody was elected (as they ran unopposed) & now we start setting things up for the next year. Some highlights in the coming year:



• LOTS of Homebrew competitions

• Beer Judge Certification Program classes & training

• Collaborations with professional brewers

• Participation in some great festivals

• Brewery Tours

• Charity Events

• LOTS of sharing Homebrews

• Hosting an SF Beer Week 2015 event

• Anything else we come up with along the way



It should be pretty intense, but as I said, I’ll keep you posted. As for our next batch… and what would be our first to be kegged & placed in the kegerator… I think that we’ve decided on doing a ChocoNut Stout. What’s that? Chocolate & Coconut Stout… or maybe adjust it to a Porter. We’ve also got a few ideas involving everything from a jalapeno pale ale to a Scotch barrel aged Scotch ale… so you’ll just have to read to find out. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment